Trail Charts is a mapping API which can be used on your website to display a large number of separate KML feeds (trails) on a map. A speadsheet is the main data source, containing one row per trail.
Any number of additional columns (fields) can be contained in the speadsheet. Template functions allow you to easily customize how these fields are displayed within the map.
Two maps are used, the first map displays the overall area and the second map displays the currently selected trail. Menus and submenus can filter your trails by category or by date.
A tutorial, examples and an API reference are provided.
• Open Source Mapping API.
• Ideal for travel mapping.
• Display a collection of KML trails.
• Organize trails by category/subcategory or by date.
Example Trail Charts
California and Yosemite Wilderness Hikes Map
London 2012 Torch Map
Mars Google Map and Street View
This map displays a collection of panoramic photos taken by Martian landers and their locations on a Google Map of Mars.
Updated: November 2011
• Simple interface to quickly create your map.
• Animate your journey using Google Street View.
• Customize the map's appearance.
• Simple drag and drop route waypoint editing.
• Embed your map into a website or blog.
• Provide an exciting way for visitors to find and view directions to your business location.
Create A New Directions Map Now
Example Directions Map
View More Directions Map Examples.
See also Animated Route Maps at Map Channels